The history of the estate dates back to the days of the British Raj in early 1900s. The Survey & Settlement Reports of C. A. Bell, ICS 1901-1903 & H.C.V. Philpot 1919-1921, indicate that the estate was formally granted between 1903 to 1919. ‘Mission Hill’ probably got its name from the early Scottish Missionaries who had a mission in the area.